Play with Clay - an Introduction to Pottery
In this class we will start at the beginning and talk about pottery and ceramics in general. We'll explore a few different forms of hand building to create a small vessel. By the end of class we will have a piece ready to dry and it will be placed in the kiln at a later date.
You will learn:
- how to work safely in the pottery studio
- what the various types of clay are and how they are different
- how to create vessels with your hands
- how to attach separate clay pieces together
- how to get a ceramic piece ready for firing
This is a very messy process so be prepared to get dirty. fun for all ages!!!!